Liability coverage is mandatory in order to operate. If someone outside of your company is injured, or property damaged by one of your employees, liability coverage can help pay the costs of damages to this third party. Customers choose a liability limit that meets their business needs. If required by law, Northland makes prompt FMCSA and State motor carrier filings to keep our customers on the road.
- MCS90 or MCS90B – endorsements are provided at no extra charge, when required for passenger carriers and motor carriers
- Pollution *CA9948 – for motor carriers, this coverage is included at no extra charge when an MCS90 is attached
- UIIA Additional Insured – for Intermodal Haulers, our endorsement meets the Intermodal Association of North America (IANA) requirements
- Optional additional insured – endorsements to help meet contractual risk transfer requirements provided at no additional charge
- Hired auto and non-owned auto coverages are available – which may be needed for fleets or to meet contractual requirements of shippers
- Trailer interchange coverage – provides legal liability coverage for a loss to a non-owned trailer in the customer’s possession under a written trailer or equipment interchange agreement
- Identity Theft – automatically included in primary liability policies and provides for $2,500 of defense costs against identity theft claims
- Garagekeepers coverage – provides legal liability protection for physical damage to a non-owned auto while in the customer’s possession for service, repair, storage, or towing. This protection is usually necessary if the motor carrier has a repair facility and mechanics that work on equipment owned by others
In addition, we offer unique coverages for truck owner operators to meet to help keep the small business owner on the road:
- Family Emergency Travel is automatically included on primary liability policies for no additional charge. The coverage allows for family members to travel to be with an insured in the event the insured is injured and hospitalized or to handle the immediate affairs of the insured in case of death as a result of an accident to a covered auto up to $2,500 limit for travel expenses
- Nontrucking Liability (Bobtail) – provides liability protection when not operating as a motor carrier or under dispatch for a motor carrier
- Deductible Reimbursement – This coverage may be purchased to pay the owner operator back for certain deductible amounts paid to the fleet for damages from a covered cargo or liability loss as written in the lease agreement
* Certain forms/coverages are offered on state specific forms with similar intent (like CA9948).